Environmental Policy Statement
1. General statement
The Arville Group (“Arville” or “The Group”) is a designer, manufacturer and supplier of technical fabrics and fabric components for industrial, protective apparel, reinforcement, filtration and other specialist uses.
We are a professional and environmentally conscious organisation which acknowledges the impact that our operations may potentially have on the environment.
2. Aims and objectives
At Arville we fully commit to:
- protect the environment
- determine compliance obligations and ensure operations are completed in accordance with them
- continually improve the environmental management system to enhance environmental performance
- evaluate fulfilment of the compliance obligations
- implement and maintain an environmental management system that is in compliance with ISO 14001: 2015 (initially at our Wetherby Site and to be extended to all sites in due course)
- correct non-conformities
- allocate suitable and sufficient resources which enable the company to achieve its environmental aims and objectives
- prevent pollution, reduce waste and ensure that, wherever practical, measures are implemented to protect and preserve natural habitats, flora and fauna
- consider the effects that our operations may have on the local community
- take action to eliminate or reduce, as far as practicable, any potentially adverse environmental impacts
- promote environmental awareness amongst our suppliers, contractors and partners by the implementation of operational procedures
- complete internal audits and following a path of continuous improvement
- ensure that directors and management are fully engaged in the management of environmental issues
- seek to work in partnership with the community by behaving in a considerate and socially responsible manner
- ensure effective and expedient incident control, investigation and reporting
- assess and, where practicable to do so, reduce the environmental impact of the company’s products and services.
- Make this policy publicly available.
Directors, management and supervisory staff have responsibilities for the implementation of this policy, whilst ensuring that their own work, so far as reasonably practicable, is carried out without risk to themselves, others or the environment. This includes co-operating with management on any environment-related matter. Nigel Hull (Group Head of Quality & Technical) has overall responsibility for environmental matters.
Mr Jim Wight (Managing Director)
Any suggestions that may assist us in improving our environmental impacts are welcomed.
Note 1: This policy has been made available to the public by its inclusion in the company website.
Note 2: This policy and our environmental obligations has been communicated to all employees via awareness sessions and/or induction training.